- Sep 27 2022
- 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Solid Waste Pickup – Lake Shore
Lake Shore is split into two areas for collection.
- East of Benton Blvd (Amberly and Braxton Manor), trash will be collected on Mondays, and recycling will be collected every other Thursday.
- For the remainder of Lake Shore, trash will be collected on Tuesdays, and recycling will be collected every other Friday.
- Solid waste will be picked up under the schedule outlined above. Solid waste must be placed in the correct bin, the green bin (with the blue lid).
- The garbage bin should be placed adjacent to, but not in, the street by 7am on the scheduled day. If the bin is not in place when the garbage truck comes by, your trash will not be picked up. The handle of the bin should be facing the street.
- All garbage items should be bagged and fit into the bin with the lid closed.
- Trash bags placed beside the bin will not be collected. Paper bags, cardboard boxes, recycling bins, or other containers will not be collected or emptied.
- Used oil, paint (in buckets or cans), insecticides, chemicals, automotive parts, batteries, tires, medical waste (especially hypodermic needles and syringes), and other hazardous waste will not be collected. Cleaning fluids, pool supplies, and other chemicals can cause fires, or react together to cause noxious fumes.
- Waste Pro might choose to empty an overfull bin or remove bags of trash placed next to the solid waste bin, but repeated overfull bins or extra trash will result in the trash being left and the Waste Pro driver will place a service tag on your front door informing you of the reason(s) for the rejected trash. The tags are two-part forms; the second part of the form will be given to the City of Port Wentworth’s Code Enforcement, who will take further action as necessary.
More facts, and a trash services calendar, are available at the Lake Shore Community Trash Service page of this website.